Installation of heat exchangers is carried out in order to save heat energy discharged with exhaust gases or other medium. Heat recovery can significantly save on energy and create optimal temperature conditions in industrial premises or optimize technological processes. However, to fully comply with the requirements it is necessary to calculate the heat exchanger in a proper manner.
The heat exchanger is calculated on the basis of the Termophysical data obtained using real measurements of the parameters of two medium, as well as some other information, depending on the type of medium used.
Data for calculation
The following data is required to calculate the heat exchanger:
- Temperature of the heating and heated medium at the inlet and outlet;
- The maximum permissible operating temperature and pressure of the medium;
- Indicator of thermal power of the device.
To calculate the heat exchanger power, one may need additional characteristics depending on the type of medium, for example, density, level of contamination, etc.
To calculate the high-temperature heat exchanger, you also need general data:
- Dimensions and cross-sections of gas ducts for heating and heated medium;
- Permissible dimensions of the heat exchanger;
- Direction movement of the medium;
- Location of the intake of the heated medium and its application after heating;
- Other conditions relevant to the calculation.
In case of an individual order of heat exchanger, the calculation is carried out by specialists as a necessary stage of order fulfillment and is not considered as a separate expense item for the enterprise. Therefore, it makes sense to order the calculation with the subsequent implementation of the project desing.